YES, We are still open for business – The whys and the wherefores
Well, at least as I write this, we are open and seeing our animal acupuncture patients as usual (almost).
As health professionals, we are acutely aware of the dangers of the spread of Covid-19. As such we have some strategies in place to keep us all safe (as listed in detail below).
Our main goal, as an animal acupuncture practice, is to improve and maintain the health and wellbeing of pets, companion animals and critters in general, wherever we can. Our other (usually quieter) goal, has always been to make sure their humans are doing okay too. After all, there is no point using our acupuncture skills to make sure Fluffy is fighting fit, if they don’t have a safe home with at least one happy, healthy human to open the fridge for them.
As a part of that, protecting everybody from the spread of virulent pestilence is our current top priority. However, we do feel we have other parallel areas of responsibility. I’m not sure if you’ve noticed, but most of us in the greater Sydney area, have been having a hellish few months with fires and floods piling on top of drought. We feel it behoves us all to help look after the mental health of all those in our sphere of influence. Our contribution to that effort is making sure our patients remain well looked after, as we believe this is vital for the wellbeing of their humans (and their acupuncturist).
Business as (un)usual…
So, it’s business as (un)usual for us for the time being. We are still out and about, providing our usual care, advice and acupuncture to dogs, cats, small animals and the occasional cow. Even if you are suddenly out of work and freaking out about not being able to afford anything other than black market toilet paper, I will continue to look after your fur baby, and we can work something out when things get better.
Money is not the only thing that makes the world go ’round.
And if you are anxious about your pet and/or any aspect of their health or ongoing treatment. Or if you are a potential new client and want to talk about what acupuncture can do for your pet. Please call me or text me or email me, we will get through this okay and remember, there is no evidence that our pets are in danger from this virus.
Current Covid-19 related precautions for Acupet, Animal Acupuncture treatments
In no particular order:
- All patients are being seen in the absence of their humans wherever possible.
- Patients are being seen in open, outdoor areas where we can.
- New patient histories are being taken via email, text or over the phone.
- New clients are being vetted for risk.
- Unavoidable contact with owners is being managed at a safe distance.
- Masks and gloves are being used as appropriate.
- As well as usual attention to hygiene and handwashing, we are cleaning with alcohol swabs before and after each appointment.
- Outside from work, we are staying home wherever possible. We are very mindful of social distance and hygiene when we need to be out in the wider world.
- If you’ve read this far, well done, I love you. Now go and have a cup of tea!